As a man in society, I have always known from a young age that there are these expectations from us that are typically different than women. Funny because I was raised in a house with a mother and two sisters. You would think I was inundated with all these feminist viewpoints that I carry with me still today. Yes, there are ways I see the world that may be through the lens of a women via the women that raised me. But at the same time, they gave an honest feel for how the world actually works, not an illusion or from their own internalized disdain.
what is gender
When we observe what is gender, we have the definition which states that gender is the cultural and social differences that make up both males and females rather than the biological. Because the terms male and female are the biological words for the organism which either produces sperm or ovulates in the creation of an organism. Which means a women (gender) who is born female (sex) is so mutually inclusive because of the classification we give to the sex of a person. She is born female therefore she is a woman. And the same applies to a man. So in terms of the class and the biology, we are able to understand. But is everything so technical, or is there just an obvious aspect of all of this I have explained?
“outlined” expectations “old and new”
The following at the bottom are the two genders and the two sexes, as well as their expectations and limits.
- Gender: Open doors for the woman on dates, protect and provide, being the voice for the son to lean on, sexual opposite, spiritual opposite, vocal
- Sex: provide sperm, physically defined (shoulders, chest, arms, etc.), genitalia (penis), Y-chromosome
- New Roles: Minimal house work, voice to both son and daughter equally, co-provider, limited protection, not always sexual opposite
- New Limits: No new real change
- Gender: Care for children, stay at home, voice to the daughter, sexual opposite, docile, primp, silent
- Sex: X-chromosome, eggs, physically defined (breast, hips, rear), genitalia (vagina)
- New Roles: not always sexual opposite, working woman, voice to both son and daughter equally, co-provider, self-protection, independence
- New Limits: No new real change, except some physical attributes (strength)
workable or not?
Now, will it work in the end; men and women swapping in society? Can the woman be the man and man be the woman? I think there are certain aspects of who we are that will, and others can’t change. The ones that can’t change are so deeply rooted in who we are that change is impossible. Evolution has made us into who we are that yes, we will try to manipulate the limitations of ourselves, yet it will prove to not work. But there will still be considerable changes in expectations.
My Personal Website: www.faheemjackson.squarespace.com
Instagram Me: @theefaheemjackson
Twitter Me: @2320howe
Tumblr Me: @fjackson44
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com