“Good for your health.”
A lot of don’t acknowledge the importance of not only a well balanced diet, but some good sleep as well. People go to sleep, and set their alarm clocks for a certain time. Then when the alarm blares in the morning, they hop up and get ready for work. Only problem is that we are not sitting back for a second saying to ourselves, “Am I really getting adequate sleep ate night?” So I have decided to breakdown what an adequate night of sleep should look like the average person. So look below at the the numbers I have found through researching.
STATS ON SLEEP
On the website of the (→) National Sleep Foundation, they found adequate sleep ranges for humans of all age groups. So the graphs below will show the numbers they crunched together.
- This is the age where you need to sleep the longest per day in your life. At this age of 0 – 3 months you need 14 to 17 hours of sleep. Sleeping 18 to 19 hours may be too long, and 11 – 13 hours is too short. Anything less than 11 hours is bad, but 19 hours or more is too long.
- The second most important aspect of sleep of in your life. This is the second growth stage of life where the recommended sleep for 4 – 11 months is 12 – 15 hours, maybe recommended is 10 – 11 hours and no longer than 16 – 18 hours. But the inappropriate is less than 10 and more than 18 hours.
- At this stage of life you are 1 – 2 years of age and need 11 – 14 hours of sleep. For the maybe appropriate sleep time you may sleep 9 – 10 hours minimum and no longer than 15 to 16 hours. Now, anything less than 9 hours is too short and more than 16 hours is too long.
- By this time, you are headed to school in your life for the very first time. So we are talking ages 3 – 5 years of age. During this time you would need 10 – 13 hours of sleep, maybe recommended 8 to 9 hours minimum and maximum 14 hours. And when looking too short of sleep, that would be less than 8 hours, and too long is more than 14 hours.
- The ages of 6 to 13 years old is when you need a little less sleep. For age 9 – 11 hours of sleep is fine, but a maybe appropriate time-frame is 7 – 8 hours, or 12 hours maximum. And too short would be less than 7 hours and more than 12 hours is too long.
- Now you’re at the moment you need sleep close to the average adult. The ages of 14 – 17 years would require for about 8 to 10 hours as recommended. Now for the maybe category, 7 min. and 11 hours max. But less than 7 hours is too little, and more than 11 hours is too much.
- You are now a young adult between ages of 18 and 25 years. Here is the adequate breakdown for young adults, 7 to 9 hours of sleep; while a moderate sleep time is 6 hours min., but no more than 10 or 11 hours. And bad sleep is anything less than 6 yet more than 11 hours.
- During adulthood, you need the same amount of sleep as the young adult needs. You are the ages of 25 – 64 years old, and need 7 to 9 hours of sleep. But an amount of sleep that is sometimes alright is 6 hours min. and 10 hours max. But a less desirable time is less than 6 hours and more than 10 hours.
- At this age you need just a slight less sleep than other adults. As a matter of act, you need less time to sleep than any time in your life. Once over the age of 65 years, you need about 7 – 8 hours of sleep. A moderate sleep time is 5 to 6 hours, or max. 9 hours. But sleep that is too short is less than 5, and too long is more than 9 hours.
Making a formidable contribution to society is the overall goal of your sleep. Because if you are not getting adequate sleep, you are not being productive on the job. And if you are not being productive on the job, you are getting work accomplished. That effects the company/organization, and as a result, job cuts because of performance. So the moral of the story is, get good sleep because it not only hurts you, but the world at large.
My Personal Website: www.faheemjackson.squarespace.com
Instagram Me: @theefaheemjackson
Twitter Me: @2320howe
Tumblr Me: @fjackson44
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com