“Is it happening and we don’t even know it?”
THE AMERICAN EXPERIENCE
The United States traces its roots all the way back to the Magna Carta in the year 1215. Now as we moved toward the present day, we have taken on many experiences, made bad decisions, and social fell & came back. Our infrastructure has also taken on many different shapes in addition as well. And we have come to this point today to where we not only are at a standstill, but there are fears of a fall. What is the fall? The fall is seeing the world we live in at risk of falling and no one even notices what is going on. But in the paradigm of today we see some things that can lead to the downfall of our human civilization. Well, how so? I look back at our most powerful empires. For example, the Roman Empire, what led to their downfall that can be seen in America today?
THR ROMAN EMPIRE CONNECTION
When observing the United States, are there reasons to be concerned regarding the potential downfall of the United States? And here are some characteristics of the country falling apart that hurt the Roman Empire. Why the Roman Empire, well here are some things that effected the empire which led to a potential downfall that could hurt the United States.
- The decline in morals and values: for the morale of a society, we are watching this crumble with the use of our social media. The impacts that this has caused from an intimate level will potentially hurt our nation. Like for example, Instagram has turned into a dating app unbeknownst to the creators. This is the unintentional impacts from the followers and blue checks that put you in a certain class of people. It has hurt relationships, friendships, and family connections. Now, especially women have access to guys they normally would not. So it has increased standards to the point that most men can’t achieve. And the lure of money distracts people from building lives with another person even if the morals and ethics are off.
- Political Corruption: We in America have corruption, but not to the point where we have a risk of the civilization collapse. Yes, in a nation like the United States, there is so much power the leaders of this nation hold, that it’s easy to have corruption. But charges against corrupted officials is low in the country so this area of a society collapsing has less validity in America.
- Inflation: We are experiencing this right now in the United States. And a lot of that comes from the pandemic shutdown. Here is when the entire globe was shut down and people were receiving aid from the government. During the shutdown, our government was just printing money and giving the population a check on a weekly basis. This causes massive inflation and now the cost of everything goods and services rises especially the things we need to survive.
- Inferior Technology: When it comes to the technology, we have all these digital products that we use to connect ourselves to each other. But the problem is that there are so many glitches that expose us as the users. And a lot of we find ourselves in trouble using it. Now the main inferior issue would be the roads, highways, and buildings. There so many of these infrastructure tools we use that need to be kept which have a tendency to fall apart. And those things we use tend to fall by the waist side with little to no maintenance. There are quite a few places that are under this category.
- Public Health Decline: Here is something I find to be interesting. For example, if you observe areas of America with a higher poverty rate, you notice that the water quality is poor as well. In the state of Mississippi which is the poorest state in the union, they have issues with the water in the recent years. Another place like this was all throughout the state of Michigan. So is this what the United States government is doing. Not prioritizing our public health is not going to end well for so many who might even see contributing to the system as unnecessary. Another public health concern is the tent cities that have been popping up in a lot of metropolitan cities. These homeless encampments that have been created bring an ugliness to a nation that is the richest in the world. which connects to the next issue that leads to the downfall.
- Unemployment: The problem here is that there are way too many people who are not employed and underemployed. When people are not interested in contributing to society we will have a problem with crime. Now, is the unemployment directly related to people wanting to commit crimes, well no. But once people see themselves not being where they want to be, then crime is just something we tend to turn to. Another problem with the unemployment system is that it soils the system and people in other countries will see America as a weak nation. That means the confidence in the dollar is going down with other countries believing in it dying as well.
- Urban Decay: Here something I notice in major cities around the country. There are these dilapidated neighborhoods all over the country where no one is building anything in its place. The more time progress, people are moving away from these places. So how will these neighborhoods look as more people abandon the lands? Because there are small hustling and bustling towns from the past which now have overgrowth of grass and weeds. But notice I said small towns and not cities. Our cities have skyscrapers which would look very strange with no one living here. Places like Baltimore, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Jackson in Mississippi. The government seems to have no interest in fixing these places and what happens is you start to notice what happens here looks eerily similar to third world cities in Latin American nations.
- Military Spending: The United States has the highest spending budget anywhere in the world. And with a budget of nearly $700 billion most may say that this is quite excessive. Now, I don’t know what everything involves that is the budget, but that is greater than a lot of superpowers entire GDP. And even during the Roman times they were losing money behind military defense because it meant taking from the public health of the people. That degraded a society to where they eventually needed less than dependable people for protection. This proved to be expensive as well as unreliable.
CAN IT BE SALVAGED
Is there anything that the country can do to keep these series of events from getting out of hand? Because all the things that led to the collapse of Romans is something we’re going through right now. The only thing that is different than the Roman Empire is that we live in a global economy to where the world is impacted today. So if America declines it will hurt directly a lot of other countries as well. I still think there is time, it’s just that we have to realize that there is a problem and work to fixing it.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly